From: George A. Heintzelman (georgeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-15 07:43:37

> > A quick scan shows type_traits is very popular, as is utility
> > (presumably for "noncopyable"), static_assert, call_traits,
> > iterators, and operators. Together with smart pointers and
> > integer stuff, that might be a starting point.
>
> You might also consider the "compose" library. It's fully
> independent and at least referenced in "The C++ Standard Library".

I'd like to speak up for the 'functional' library, which I think is a
very important ease-of-use extension of the standard library. It also
uses call_traits, which uses type_traits, so those are obviously more
important. One of the things it deals with is references to references;
if the core language were to address that directly, that aspect of the
library could easily be dropped.

Anyway, I use functional all the time now, and don't know if I could
deal with all the shenanigans to use the strict standard functional
anymore...

George Heintzelman
georgeh_at_[hidden]