From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-15 08:09:12

Please post this message to the literate-gp list ;)

On 15 Aug 2001 nbecker_at_[hidden] wrote:

nbecke> I've been interested in LP for some time, but I haven't really used
nbecke> it. It seems to me that the traditional model, started by Knuth, is
nbecke> not optimal. Instead of starting with a conventional language, such
nbecke> as C, another language source is introduce (web), which is then
nbecke> translated.
nbecke>
nbecke> It seems to me that a more convenient model would be to extend the
nbecke> capability to markup in the form of comments in the native language.
nbecke> For example, a package such as doxygen could be extended.
nbecke>
nbecke> The downside of this approach is that it doesn't support one of LP
nbecke> features, known as chunking (IIRC), that allows code fragments to be
nbecke> collected. IMHO, this capability isn't really that important when we
nbecke> have inline functions.
nbecke>
nbecke> Info: http://www.boost.org Unsubscribe: <mailto:boost-unsubscribe_at_[hidden]>
nbecke>
nbecke> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
nbecke>
nbecke>
nbecke>

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Summer Manager, AT&T Research phone: (973) 360-8185