From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-17 16:03:20

At 04:28 PM 8/17/2001, William Kempf wrote:

>There was some confusion with the wording of my redesigned semantics for
>thread::join(). I've modified thread.html (attached) to try and describe

>the total semantics in a more precise format. Hopefully this will help
in
>discussing the actual proposed changes to the semantics.

Nits:

The two constructor "Notes" should be "Postconditions".

The intro should state that a thread has an associated state which is
either "joinable" or "non-joinable".

The postcondition for join() should say "*this is non-joinable." Ditto the
default constructor.

The comparison operator Requires state should be "non-terminated" rather
than "running", since "running" would exclude "ready" and "blocked".

--Beman