From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-08-20 03:32:45

--- In boost_at_y..., "Sakda" <tony_kirke_at_y...> wrote:
> Anyone who has either tried to use a Matrix C++ class (or write
their
> own) would probably find a standard set of interfaces useful (such
as
> a member function that returns the number of columns .num_cols() or
> cols(), etc).
> Would others be interested in trying to help specify this?
> Is this a good forum for this topic?

I definitely agree that it would be very advantageous
for C++ to have a standard matrix interface.
Currently it is difficult
to write any matrix libraries / algorithms,
because you have to reinvent just another incompatible interface.

Fernando Cacciola corretly pointed out that there is some
overlapping with OON,
on the other hand, the emphasis of boost and OON is different.

For my purposes, I wrote a simple matrix adapter for std::vector
that I use as a kind of OO-interface to IMSL C Math,
if there is some interest, I can post some code.

Helmut