From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-22 10:11:04

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Hayati Ayguen wrote:
Ayguen> i had a look into the sources. it is very difficult to understand them.
Ayguen> is there any more documentation, on topics like:
Ayguen> - interfaces

In libs/numberic/doc you will find LinearAlgebraConcepts.html which
describes the high-level concepts for linear algebra operations. We do not
yet have concept documents describing vector and matrix traversal. Perhaps
I can whip ones of those out soon. Perhaps Walter could also write up the
concepts for the interface he used in uBLAS so we could compare them.

Ayguen> - used concepts
Ayguen> - comments on used template parameters (mostly single characters are
Ayguen> used, and i'm unable to see which concept or tag is used)
Ayguen> - a summary of concerned issues, and partly, the how and in which
Ayguen> classes/files them are concerned, would help.
Ayguen> - some simple examples showing how to iterate through elements of
Ayguen> matrices/vectors and how to specialize this onto underlying matrix type
Ayguen> (mostly memory-layout but ..) would help, too.

Yes these things would be nice to have... and they will be there for the
finished product, we just have a long way to go.

Ciao,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-9761