From: Ed Brey (edbrey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-23 14:20:31

This is a mini-review, because I don't have much to say. I think that the configuration system is well thought out and should be accepted into boost. I appreciate the tremendous amount of work that has gone into such a mundane area.

I run the config_test.cpp on VC6SP5 with STLport 4.5b8. Everything was fine, except that I encountered two small problems:

boost_no_iter_construct.cxx fails to compile with __STL_DEBUG turned on. The line assigning to a vector failed. In theory, BOOST_NO_TEMPLATED_ITERATOR_CONSTRUCTORS should be turned on for this compiler/library combination. However, 4.5b8 is a beta, and even if it wasn't, this case is too obscure to turn off the benefits of leaving the macro off. So I recommend no change. I've submitted a bug report to stlport.org.

boost_no_mem_tem_keyword.cxx has an interferenced formal parameter. This should be removed to prevent the warning.

Otherwise, I detected no problems that have not already been mentioned by other reviewers.