From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-08-23 20:37:39

A couple of people have questioned the latest design for
boost::thread and seem to talk about alternative designs. However,
I'm not 100% sure I fully understand their alternatives. So, since
we're under the gun here (only a few days until submission) I'd like
to ask that anyone who really would prefer a different design to post
a full explanation of the design. This will help me to evaluate the
different options better and to make an informed choice.

Something else that would be VERY helpful is to point out areas in
the current proposal that make it difficult or even impossible to use
it as the basis for implementing the alternative design. As long as
there are none then the design I proposed seems to be a safe design
to settle on. If there are problems then I really need to focus on
those areas.

In the end I may not choose any of the alternative designs, or even
make changes to the current proposal, but at least I can make an
informed choice. During submission, if you feel strongly against the
design I choose you can elect to vote for not accepting the library.

Thanks,
Bill Kempf