From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-29 12:14:38

----- Original Message -----
From: Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: statefull objects

> On Tuesday 28 August 2001 01:52, you wrote:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > This gives us a character array large enough to hold a T, and at the
> > > alignment of T that is equivalent to the alignment of alignment_type.
> > >
> > > I can upload the code to do this if anyone is interested. The rest of
the
> > > variant type is unfinished, but this part seems to work well enough :)
> >
> > This sounds exactly what I need.
> > Please upload the file or send it directly to me in an email attachment.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Fernando Cacciola
> > Sierra s.r.l.
> > fcacciola_at_[hidden]
> > www.gosierra.com
>
> It is in the files section at:
>
> You will likely be most interested in the "type_with_alignment"
metafunction.

Unfortunately, I was not able to compile the type_with_alignment with my
Builder 5.0 update patch 1.
There are a few problems that I solved with a small refactoring (In
particular, it fails to recognize foo<typename fred::bar> unless you remove
the typename keyword), but at the end it just got stuck at a : F1004
Internal compiler error at 0x12a5319 with base 0x1200000

The same happened trying to use boost::mpl to perform the search in the type
list.

Anyway, I got the idea so I'll keep trying to find a syntax that the Builder
compiler can manage.

Thank you.

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.