From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-30 13:23:38

Jeremy wrote:

>I'll be checking in a change to delete tie() from utility.hpp. Anyone
>currently using tie() will need to include the tuple library instead.
This
>change will show up immediately in CVS, and then in the next release of
>boost.

Jeremy,

You changed libs/utility/tie.htm to say:

   [tie has been deprecated. Its functionality is supplied
   by the Boost Tuples Library.]

That isn't really correct - what you have done is remove it
entirely. "Deprecate" means it may be removed at some future time, but
still exists in the interim.

Presumably you are removing rather than deprecating because of a name
clash? It might be useful to mention that - otherwise readers may think we
are being capricious.

Also, you should make the mention of the replacement a hyperlink.

Thanks,

--Beman