From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-01 05:21:21

Giles,

>Is it going to be difficult to use Boost to link in with my project? Has
anyone
already done a similar thing - reason I ask is that I see VC++ and Borland
command line compiler mentioned a lot, but not Builder.
I'm not too good a programmer so I'd appreciate an 'honest' reply as to how
difficult it will be, so I can plan alternatives if need be.
<

Borlands command line compiler is the same as the compiler that ships with
C++ Builder, so yes you can use boost with Builder. Also the graph library
(if that's the part you're interested in) has no source files associated
with it (it's headers only) so there's nothing to link. On the down side,
the graph lib only partially supports the Borland compiler (probably this
is down to compiler bugs), you should also be aware that this is fairly
complex library that's probably not for the faint of heart :-)

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/