From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-08 06:41:12

Bill,

Some more comments I missed out in my last post:

Building:
~~~~~

It would be nice if the docs contained a breif section on building the
library - in particular mentioning that threadmon.cpp is for win32 only,
and must live inside a dll.

Also the use of DllMain inside threadmon.cpp is MS specific: Borlands
compiler requires DllEntryPoint as the entry point function name, I added:

#ifdef __BORLANDC__
#define DllMain DllEntryPoint
#endif

to the top of the file to fix that.

It looks to me as though the current code cannot be exported from a dll on
Win32, personally I would very much prefer it if it could be - you would
need to define and add the usual BOOST_THREAD_DECL macros to all the class
declarations (unless am I missing something?).

Test programs:

Your test program exposes weaknesses in the current regression test system
(especially on Win32 as part has to built as a separate dll), I don't know
what we need to do about that.

Is the test program sufficient? Particularly for condition variables
(which never get signalled as far as I can see)?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/