From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-14 14:48:06

> > As programmer, I can understand why production code
> > might still want index checking. What would be fine
> > with me, and other boost members from the responses,
> > is if we put an assert into operator[](int). Would
> > anyone oppose this?
>
> No, I think that's an excellent idea. In fact I'm surprised to find it's
> not already there.

There is a historical avoidance of assert() in Boost, due to possible ODR
violations. However, I believe that the new Jam build system removes (most
of) this hesitance by building both debug and release versions of the Boost
library. It's still possible to shoot yourself in the foot, but it's less
likely.

        -Steve