From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-14 20:18:50

on 9/14/01 3:01 PM, David Abrahams at david.abrahams_at_[hidden] wrote:

> The review period for Daryle Walker's "int" and "gcd" submissions will run
> concurrently, beginning this coming Monday September 17th, and run through
> Wednesday September 26th. I will act as review manager. A description of the
> two submissions follows:

Could we (at least) half-stagger the reviews, that way the libraries will
have some time by themselves? The two libraries are completely independent
from each other, and I would want to give users some time to consider each
one separately (and for me to answer any concerns separately). We would
need a second review manager, though.

> --------

> It extends <boost/integer.hpp> by providing typedef's for the built-in
> integers based on the extreme value. The <boost/integer_mask.hpp> header
> formalizes the masking constants used in the implementation of
> <boost/crc.hpp>. The <boost/static_lb.hpp> gives the highest integral
> power
> of 2 in a number at compile time.
>
> However, I haven't figured out how to solve the problem I described in
> message #15791, nor has it been tested on other platforms. (I'm using a
> Mac
> OS 9.1 system with Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 5.3.)

I fixed that last problem (by changing the test cases) a little while ago.