From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-18 06:26:56

OK, I've checked in all the config changes.

Can I please ask the regression testers to:

1) Run the individual config regression tests for the first time - see
libs/config/test/regression.cfg
If there are any failures from this, you will need to examine the compiler
logs and use some judgement before making any config changes; the tests are
not necessarily foolproof - particularly things like
BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE where some symbols may have been imported into
std:: and not others.

2) Run the main regression tests, and let the list know if there are any
new failures.

Known problems:
~~~~~~~~~~~

cstdint_test.cpp fails on linux because the native INTXX_C macros define
integer constants that may be wider than required: for example INT8_C
defines a constant of type int. Although not strictly standard conforming,
I wouldn't be surprised if there are other implementations that have this
defect - maybe we should alter the tests?

ToDo:
~~~~

Add the Sunpro fixes that were posted here a while ago - I'll try and do
this later in the week if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Start adding the thread macros (and appropriate tests) - I guess that
there's no rush for this one as the thread lib isn't quite ready yet...

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/