From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-21 14:16:45

I've got a little time to resume working on the fixed-point
decimal library that I suggested a while back; and I have a
couple of questions for the iostream/i18n gurus amongst us.

First, if I have a numpunct facet that specifies a grouping,
is it correct to insert thousands separators to the right
of the decimal point? The text about do_grouping() in
[lib.facet.numpunct.virtuals] isn't clear about that.

Second, [lib.facet.numpunct.members] says that thousands_sep()
returns a char_type; but [lib.facet.numpunct.virtuals] says
that do_thousands_sep() returns a string_type. Am I correct
in thinking that that's a typo in [...virtuals] and that it's
supposed to be a char_type?

Thanks,

--Bill Seymour