From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-22 11:48:27

Peter Dimov wrote:
> While looking into Bind regression failures I discovered that Intel C++
> 5.0.1/Linux in strict mode fails to compile Boost.Test (segmentation
> violation.)

Intel C++ on Linux is called "icc". ("icl" is the designation of Intel C++
on MS Windows). Please don't confuse me.

> This is not good, is it? It means that any library that uses Boost.Test will
> report a bogus failure.

Please also have a look at the compiler output, available via the links
on the boost compiler status web page.

Note that icc gets a segmentation fault in some internal component while
compiling about every second source file. This appears to be due to
the coupled preprocessor/compiler. I'll commit regression test results
soon which have the preprocessing and compilation stage decoupled
manually (via compiler.cfg). This fixes most of the failures.

Jens Maurer