From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-22 14:45:32

When getting the regex library to compile under Mac OS X, I ran into a
problem with the BSD <ctype.h>. This file doesn't have the functions
required by the C standard for things like isspace(), just macros. I imagine
other older Unix platforms might have the same mistake.

Does it seem OK to add a macro to Boost.Config to indicate this problem? Is
the name BOOST_NO_CTYPE_FUNCTIONS ok? It's not 100% precise, because tolower
and toupper are still functions.

    -- Darin

PS: This problem doesn't happen for all Mac OS X programming. If you use the
Metrowerks Standard Library for the C library, there's no trouble. But if
you use the C library that's part of the BSD "platform", then you encounter
this problem.