From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-23 20:34:49

Tim,

Your python_ptr<T> idea might well work... but a simpler approach is to have
your C++ functions take arguments of boost::python::ref (which is a generic
reference-counted PyObject). Then you can call
from_python(x.get(),type<T*>()) to check that you really have a T object,
and get the T* out of it. In fact, you might implement your python_ptr<T> in
terms of this approach.

HTH,
Dave