From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 10:15:35

----- Original Message -----
From: "Björn Karlsson" <bjorn.karlsson_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>

> Although my experience with the Boost libraries is limited, I humbly offer
> my moderating services...
> One question though - as time is limited for all of us, what would the
> moderating requirements be?

The duties of the moderators should probably be decided by the moderators
themselves, although there are a few obvious points:

1. Respond to user requests for mailing list services, when neccessary (e.g.
"I can't figure out how to remove myself")

2. Maintain a positive, professional tone in the conversations. Step in to
prevent eruptions if required. Ban abusers if absolutely neccessary.

3. Establish policies for the list. You may decide to adopt most of the
regular boost policies, but you may also feel that some modification is
appropriate for a boost-users list.

I think that the role of moderators will likely evolve, since we will
discover new ways of working with two lists. Moderators may need to act as
"go-betweens" to make sure important info is seen by the right people.

-Dave