From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-26 12:43:25

--- In boost_at_y..., Mickaël Pointier <mpointie_at_e...> wrote:
> > >From: "Mickaël Pointier" <mpointie_at_e...>
> > >
> > >Only if you're getting answers. ;-)
> >
> > Yes, for sure.
> >
> > I would feel more confident before going ahead with a boost-user
list if
> > one or two other people volunteered to be moderators with Jon.
> >
> > It would also help if some of the Boost developers would commit
to join
> the
> > user list and help out answering questions, at least during the
startup
> > period.
>
> Perhaps Boost would also need some more advertisement ?

It's not a commercial library, so there will be no commercial
advertisement. The developers try to do a good job of spreading
things via "word of mouth" on various lists, such as how you found
Boost. There's also an effort going on to get various
libraries "published" in articles and even books (there have been a
few articles, and it would be nice to see the earlier suggested page
of references to such works on www.boost.org). I'm not sure how else
we could go about "advertising".

Bill Kempf