From: Bjorn Karlsson (bjorn.karlsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 16:11:24

> > * If I want to contribute to the development of Boost.Threads (or
> just watch
> > Bill and Peter play mind-chess), I'll go to boost-developers.
>
> *laughs* Interesting way to put it. I hope this doesn't indicate a
> feeling that I'm inflexible or not listening to the opinions/advice
> of others though. I have to make some final decisions on my own, and
> I'm likely to make a few that most people feel are wrong, but if
> there's a general trend towards this I hope I get called to the
> carpet for it. This library is full of design conundrums that are
> very difficult to specify to everyone's consensus.
>
> Bill Kempf

Just for the record; this was meant as a compliment for the amazing insight
that both of you are showing in this area. As you know, I definitely
acknowledge the importance of Boost.Threads, and I think that the
discussions that have been held here are important contributions to the
library.
Had I suspected deadlock, I wouldn't have been so blunt :)

Bjorn