From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-30 07:32:15

As a moderator, I'm always happy when someone's question can be answered
quickly and easily. At the same time, just to prevent a rash of off-topic
posts, I feel obliged to point out that this list is NOT a good place for
newbie programmers to get help, especially with using specific programming
environments. Perhaps one of the newsgroups, such as comp.lang.c++ or one of
the microsoft-specific groups would be a better choice.

The mission of this list is to develop C++ libraries. Please keep posts on
topic.

Thanks,
Dave
  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]