From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-01 12:24:28

on 10/1/01 10:19 AM, Kevin Lynch at krlynch_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Furthermore, cmath.hpp currently only supports gcc-2.96 or
> fully compliant <cmath> implementations, by way of
> BOOST_HAS_COMPLIANT_CMATH, which you'll need to define if your <cmath>
> is in fact compliant (gcc-3.0 appears to be compliant from what I can
> tell, but I haven't actually tried it... I don't know about any other
> compilers).

First, my apologies for nitpicking something which is a side issue.

The tradition in boost is to assume "compliant unless known to be
otherwise". So the symbol should be BOOST_NO_COMPLIANT_CMATH instead. The
documentation for Boost.Config talks about why we do things this way.
(Ideally we could find a way to be slightly more specific about what's
lacking, since "not compliant" is a bit vague.)

    -- Darin