From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-01 15:13:46
Boost release 1.25.0 is available at www.boost.org
* Thread Library added. Portable C++ multi-programming at last, from
* Base From Member added to Utility Library. Support for the base from
member idiom, from Daryle Walker.
* Bind and mem_fn added - Generalized binders for function/object/pointers
and member functions, from Peter Dimov.
* Array Library: Minor updates, from Nico Josuttis.
* Config Library: major redesign with much improved and automated
configuration of Boost libraries for specific compilers, from John Maddock.
* Random Number Library: Fixed bug when copying normal_distribution and
improved the documentation, from Michael Stevens and Jens Maurer.
* Special functions, octonions, quaternions updated, now useable with many
more compilers, plus three new special functions, from Hubert Holin, Eric
Ford, and others.
* Tokenizer Library: fixes/enhancements to escaped_list_separator based on
empty fields and tokens comments from Johan Nillson and Jens Maurer.
Additionally, new compilers and platforms have been added to the status
tables. The Boost Build system continues to mature, and is being used to
run complex Thread library regression tests, for example.
A new boost-user mailing list is about to go public, and a Boost Wiki is
available for experimentation. See
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk