From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-02 16:15:50

The documentation is correct. If you store internal state in the Base object
you have no problem. If you store it in the Policies object, and two
iterators which have different internal state can be legally compared,
you've got trouble. I'm not sure this is the best design, as you point out,
but it's what we've got.

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]