From: Martin Schweitzer (schweitzer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-02 16:13:37

From: Darin Adler <darin_at_[hidden]>
To: Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>

> on 10/2/01 12:17 PM, Ihsan Ali Al Darhi at iad929_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
> > To me the calendars aren't a problem. What I am trying to do is convert
> > between these calendars. Some of these conversions will produce wrong
> > answers. For example, when you try to convert a Hijri (Islamic) date to
> > Gregorian, you miss one or two days at most. This is because the Islamic
> > calendar depends on moon not the sun. This means that if an Islamic
month is
> > 29 days in a certain year, it would be 30 days in another year.
>
> I recommend starting with the calendar FAQ at
> <http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html>.

And then I would recommend the following site:

http://emr.cs.iit.edu/~reingold/calendars.shtml

They have now written a book called Calendrical Calculations - but there are
also a lot of papers available on the site where they give algorithms for
translating between calendars. The algorithms are all in Lisp - but it
should be easy for a C++ programmer to read and understand them.

Martin