From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-03 15:48:32

----- Original Message -----
From: <hugo.duncan_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 5:23 PM
Subject: [boost] boost::mpl and Borland C++

> I was considering using boost::mpl with borland c++ builder 5, but noted
that the compiler was in the supported list in he Readme.txt file.

> I tried using it anyway but got some obscure errors. Defining
BOOST_NO_INCLASS_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION got rid of some of them, but left
enough for me to be scratching my head.

> Is there any chance of getting the library to work with the borland
compiler, or are the two never likely to work together?

> Hugo Duncan

Unfortunately, I think not.
I've tried before to use various parts of mpl with BCB, and even when I got
around the errors I started to get spourious "internal compiler error" in
totaly unrelated, trivial and correct code that compiled OK without mpl. I'm
conviced that some metaprogramming techniques really trashes the parser
internally, since I found this behaviour with other template-heavy code.

Looks like we must wait for BCB 6...

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]