From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-04 12:05:26

Greetings,

    dietmar> I haven't looked at the code but it "feels" like the
    dietmar> wrong approach: Why isn't this a 'std::codecvt<char,
    dietmar> wchar_t, std::mbstate_t>' facet?

Probably because I hadn't heard of such a thing before you mentioned
it >grin<. I was aware that some facilities for localization exist in
C++, but I'm not very familiar with them.

    dietmar> No doubt, this can probably be turned into a
    dietmar> code conversion facet relatively easy... --
Sounds interesting. I've got a copy of Langer/Kreft in my possession
now. I'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

ron