From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-05 13:55:02

Let me try again. I should have said:

Just to make sure that I understand, you're saying that "number of
things" has is a quantity of type Amount<>, and the unit here is
"amount" or "mole". Then, "9 cartons of apples" would have

quantity = 9
unit = "amount"
unit tag = "carton"
(unit tag) tag = "apple"

Kevin Lynch				voice:	 (617) 353-6065
Physics Department			Fax: (617) 353-6062
Boston University			office:	 PRB-565
590 Commonwealth Ave.			e-mail:	 krlynch_at_[hidden]
Boston, MA 02215 USA			http://physics.bu.edu/~krlynch