From: Paolo Calafiura (PCalafiura_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-06 13:27:47

Hi guys,
 I am using boost 1.25.0 on a platform (linux/ egcs 1.1.2) that does not
provide std::allocator. The function library seems to be protected
against this defect as it makes liberal use of the macro
BOOST_NO_STD_ALLOCATOR. Unfortunately, even if I define the macro, I get
a compilation error in function_template.hpp at line 420 (there is a
similar construct at function.hpp:58)
  template<
    typename R BOOST_FUNCTION_COMMA
    BOOST_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_PARMS,
    typename Policy = empty_function_policy,
    typename Mixin = empty_function_mixin,
    typename Allocator = std::allocator<function_base> <<<<<<<<<here

  class BOOST_FUNCTION_FUNCTION : public function_base, public Mixin

the error is obvious, but I haven't been able to ifdef my way out of it.

Can the authors/experts suggest a workaround or should I just give up
using the function library?

thanks a lot
Paolo Calafiura