From: deansturtevant_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-08 17:38:47

> > 3) VC++ 6.0 gives a bothersome warning if no "return 0"
> > is at the end of main.
>
> Well, that's just a VC++ problem. The code is valid and shouldn't
> produce a diagnostic, so I'm not going to change it.

IMHO, the standard is the one with the problem. Why is it that all
functions that return int must return int except for 'main'? Correct
me if I am mistaken, but it's because prior to standardization, main
could return void, and changing existing code to return 0 was
considered too much of a burden. I feel proper coding practice is to
make the return explicit, regardless of whether the standard says
it's not necessary.

- Dean