From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-09 15:19:58

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Lynch <krlynch_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 5:00 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: Math Functions

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded my current version of a templatized interface to the
> Standard Math Functions to the vault: standard_functions/std_math.
>
> There is documentation: std_math.html
>
> That documentation contains most of what you might need to know to
> evaluate the current state of the code. In particular, note the section
> on "Known Issues" and the information needed to compile what is there
> under "Test Programs"; any help with the known issues would be greatly
> appreciated. As you'll see from the "Known Issues" section, you are
> currently out of luck unless your platform has fully compliant <cstdlib>
> and <cmath> headers, or you are using gcc-2.96. There is partial
> support for Borland 5.5.1, but I'm not sure if it works; hopefully
> Fernando will be able to take a look and let me know if I've gotten
> ANYTHING right with regard to patching up that compiler.

I haven't got the time to do that, but I checked the overall design.
According to the previous post you've made, I think that the overall design
is OK, so writing the Borland specific stuff will be possible without
breaking anything.
I'll look at this latest post during the rest of the day, and I'll see if
adding the Borland code will fit into the design (even if I don't actually
add anything). Should I find any problems I'll let you know right away.

Best Regards,

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]