From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-10 11:59:42

Daniel Frey wrote:

> [...]
> Of course the rules for the complete concept check library should be
> more general to match all cases, not just the small example given. What
> I'm thinking about now is '#include' for the rulesets. That way, you'll
> have to supply only one main ruleset for your compiler / project and it
> will include all rulesets for the libraries... I'll add this feature
> this evening.

Seems I promissed too much. While it is no problem to add '#include',
it's not practical. The problem is paths, specifically: How can I
specify the path that is searched for the rulesets in a nice,
OS-independend way? I haven't found a solution as this means both

a) Parsing the command line parameters (is there a Boost-solution?)
b) Assembling filenames from a given path + a name (with an optional
leading sub-path?)

Both is easy if I just concentrate on my own system, but I guess this is
not enough for Boost. OTOH such a feature (#include) is not really
needed, is it? It would be a nice helper but it could also be done from
the outside (i.e. the 'make'-system, etc.). Any ideas, comments, ...?

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology