From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-12 14:41:43

I have just uploaded decimal.zip, the first draft of
a proposed fixed-point decimal library.

The only compiler I have access to right now is
MSVC v5; and compiling even a simple test program
was hopeless. I'm not sure whether to blame the
compiler or myself. In any event, a human reader
will probably know what I meant. 8-)

This was the best I could do before heading off
to Redmond. I'll be there for both meetings;
and I don't know whether I'll have e-mail or not.
[Trying to wean myself from you-know-who, I've
installed Linux on my laptop. It can't find
my modem; and, at that point, I'm clueless.
I'm hoping I'll be able to connect to the
Internet through the ethernet connection at
the C meeting. If I can't, I'll accept your
flames in person at the C++ meeting. 8-)]

--Bill Seymour