From: James Talbut (J.TALBUT_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-11 04:29:41

If this has been discussed previously please just point me at the
results of the discussion.

The file any.hpp, which makes up the any library within boost appears to
have a license that is in contravention of the license requirements for
boost libraries.
Specifically, any.hpp states:
"no charge may be made for the software and its documentation except to
cover cost of distribution."
whereas the boost library requirements state that licenses:
"Must grant permission to copy, use and modify the software for any use
(commercial and non-commercial) for no fee"

It is my interpretation that the any license prohibits commercial use
and thus contravenes the requirement.

Has this been discussed before?

J.T.

--
James Talbut Head of Technology
C.A.S.T. Systems Ltd, 2 Pembroke Avenue, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB5 9QR