From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-16 12:33:47

I have now produced a C++ program which writes constants to several files:

const floats, - if you only ever want floats (eg embedded systems)
const doubles, - many peoples only need.
const long doubles, - high precision people.
Michael Kenniston's cunning function version, - multiple fp precision and
should meet those with compiler optimisability requirements.

and for those who are not MACRO-phobic or using C
C Macros, and mathcin #undefs.

So far only a few sample values, but more can be added,
if we can agree what they are, and what they are called!
(Views please!).

Samples attached, and zip uploaded to the vault.

Are these OK?

Paul

PS Eric Ford suggested spitting into files by type -
other views on this issue. (Ultimately, I feel there
are about 100 constants that are useful to have available.)

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria
LA8 8AB UK