From: Jim.Hyslop (jim.hyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-17 13:56:30

nbecker_at_[hidden] [SMTP:nbecker_at_[hidden]] wrote:
> I am interested in contributing code for numerical integration. I
> have some I have used for some time, but it was adapted from Numerical
> Recipes, which means there is a copyright issue.
If all you did was implement an algorithm that was described, then there is
no issue. Copyright does not apply to algorithms and ideas, but to the words
themselves. If you copied example code straight from the book, then there
could be issues.

> I'm considering writing template C++ wrappers for the gnu GSL
> integration library instead.
Unfortunately, neither the GPL nor the GPLL (or is that LGPL?) meet the
Boost licensing requirements (see
http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#License). GNU requires source code
to be available to the end user. Boost forbids such a requirement in its
libraries.

--
Jim