From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-18 01:13:40

> From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
>
>From: "Kevlin Henney" <kevlin_at_[hidden]>
>> I think this is an excellent suggestion. What are Booster preferences
>> from the following possibilities:
>>
>> (1) Add specific throws:
>> (a) Not at all.
>> (b) Distinguished by initialiser string.
>> (c) Distinguished by enum.
>> (d) Both (b) and (c).
>
>I strongly suggest
>
>(e) distinguished by exception type.

I should have mentioned why I didn't include this option: historically
the original numeric_cast had multiple exception types, but there was a
feeling that this was superfluous. I was assuming that the same would
also apply to lexical_cast, for consistency. However, I think that now
that you have suggested it, it ought to be up for consideration.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  http://www.curbralan.com fax: +44 870 052 2289
  Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review