From: AlisdairM (AlisdairM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-18 14:07:47

I have been cosetted by IDEs in the Windwos world for the last 11 years, and
I'm having more trouble than I thought working out the boost command line
build.

I have followed (as far as I can tell) the instructions on the web site for
running the boost build on Win2K using borland BCB5. I set the BCCROOT
environment variable in windows, and invoke JAM as

jam -ftools/build/allyourbase.jam -sTOOLS="BORLANDC"

I get told something about 9 targets, but I can't see what has actually been
achieved. The web page doesn't tell me what to look for, and so my plans on
getting it working, and then pulling it apart to understand why, are lost :?
(

Could someone point me to a good guide on getting started with JAM, and
perhaps explain the results I ought to see?

Thanks

AlisdairM