From: Drew.Whitehouse_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-18 23:57:13

David,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my description, I want to have non-standard
constructor/constructors for __init__/__del__ function. ie for the
example below -

a = A() # in python

would translate to underlying calls of the form

A *a = A::instantiate();

instead of

A *a = new A;

and similar for the destructor. Does this make more sense ?

-Drew

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> Drew,
>
> constructors and destructors of wrapped classes are called
automatically, so
> you don't need to override __init__ and __del__.

> David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
> resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html
>
> C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
> email: david.abrahams_at_r...

      static A *instantiate(); // <- should have been