From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-19 08:50:14

--- In boost_at_y..., "Brian Sharpe" <brian_at_p...> wrote:

> Wahoo!! A Standard Threading Library!!!
> At last!
> Well Done to the Developers! Big shouts out to all..

Well, not "standard". At least not yet, and I'd expect the final
version excepted by the standard (if one is) to be at least somewhat
different from what we have today. But at least we're trying :).

> Does anyone know if the library has been ported to
> MacOS native threads? not just MacOSX but earlier
> MacOS versions? (eg 8,9)
> I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a truly cross-platform
> simple threading library that is ported to MacOS aswell as
Unix/Win32.

No, there's no MacOS native thread support. I don't know native
MacOS threads, and don't have access to a Mac to do the development
even if I did. However, I'd truly love for someone to volunteer to
port this to MacOS! I'm readily available for consultation on the
design and requirements of a Mac implementation for anyone willing to
put forth this effort.

Bill Kempf