From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-19 15:49:30

Hi,

  This is initial version for unit test framework. Library is based
on initial work by Beman Dawes and Ullrich Koethe. I still working on
documentation and more tests. Al tests and examples should pass
without errors. I provided for now MSVC workspace and projects you
can use to build everything and check how it works.

  I was able to test it with MSVC and Sun Forte C++ u.2

  Your suggestions about enhancements and new features greatly
appreciated.

Gennadiy.

P.S. while there is no documentation here a little usage hint:

unit_test_test1:
  accept an argument --save_pattern=yes to work in save mode, in
other case it will work in match mode. You would need to create
pattern file at least first time. Later you can match to it.

unit_test_example:
accept arguments:
--loglevel={
    success,test_suite,messages,warnings,all_errors, cpp_exceptions,
    system_errors,fatal_errors,progress,nothing
}
also you can set this value through envirinment variable
BOOST_LOGLEVEL

used to set log level for unit test framework

--result_code=no

also you can set this value through envirinment variable
BOOST_NO_RESULT_CODE

used to enforce unit test framework return 0 always (to be used with
UI like MSVC, see dsp files for example)

--report_result={ no, short, detailed }

also you can set this value through envirinment variable
BOOST_REPORT_RESULT

to be used to set result report detalization.

unit_test_tools_test:

will always produce: Failures in unit_test_tools_test, because errors
are simulated internally. To check is there an error really, look
onto output - it should not contain statements with errors.