From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-19 16:50:11

--- In boost_at_y..., "Alisdair Meredith" <alisdair.meredith_at_b...> wrote:
> OK, looks like using the right name for the Borland compiler has me
well on my way, thanks David :* )

> As far as I can tell, the only library it builds for me is Regex,
is this correct?

Yes and no. The root Jamfile wasn't updated for the other two
libraries that build with Jam when the last Boost release occurred.
So to build them (Boost.Threads and Boost.Python) you'll have to run
Jam in their respective build directories, or pull out the latest
code from CVS. Currently, these are the only libraries building with
Boost.Build.

> If so, is this just a Borland thing, only compatible with one lib,
or simply a case of the build system being a work-in-progress? If
the latter, point me in the right direction and I'll see what I can
do to pitch in.

> I'm particularly interested in getting the regression tests up and
running, as we don't do enough of that sort of thing ourselves so I
could really use a good example to work from!

> Likewise, I will be interested in the thread library in the near
future as I expect to be entering a review period on our projects so
it would be the ideal time to consider a move to boost for our
threading needs, which I trust will have a more 'C++' feel than our
existing library. I certainly plan on finding out!

You should let me know what's determined in your review period (the
good and the bad) with concerns to Boost.Threads.

Bill Kempf