From: brianjparker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-10-20 19:42:21

--- In boost_at_y..., helmut.zeisel_at_a... wrote:

> It is C from syntax, but looks like FORTRAN from style,
> IMHO it is not really convertible to C++.

I take it you're not a fan of goto statements :-)

> OTOH, I see need for such conversion functions.
> I found one Python implementation at
>
> http://www.algorithms.org/MoinMoin/wiki-
moinmoin/moin.cgi/FareyRationalNumbers

Looks good. I am undecided which is the best interface though- to
specify the error bound by passing in the maximum denominator as in
the above code, or passing in the relative error as in the Netlib
code.

> If there is interest, I can completey boostify it.

I think it would be a useful utility function to have somewhere in
boost.

,Brian Parker