From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-22 09:36:41

----- Original Message -----
From: Daryle Walker <darylew_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 12:00 AM
Subject: [boost] Re: About dlw_int.zip 7 and dlw_gcd.zip 7 (was: Re:
Aboutiostate.zip 1)

> on 10/21/01 1:53 PM, Helmut at helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden] wrote:
>

> > An alternative solution could be that you convince the boost community
that
> > there is need to have now three GCD instead of two. You could justify
your
> > additional GCD by additional features such as that your GCD now works
for all
> > Euclidean rings. This is indeed convincing for me, but I fear that it is
> > convincing for me only.
>
> I wouldn't like that alternative solution.

FWIW, If I ever need to use a GCD I will use your version, not the versions
in rational or pool. Thus, even if your GCD doesn't make it to replace the
other two versions, I still consider it a valuable tool in itself.

Since I don't see any immediate use for this myself, I haven't made the time
to check the latest release with Borland. But I'm sure that I won't find
anything that cannot be fixed (If there is anything to be fixed).

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]
www.gosierra.com