From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-22 04:40:59

> From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
>From: "Kevlin Henney" <kevlin_at_[hidden]>
>
>> My question is that as this fine-grained approach was not favoured
>> before, should we now reconsider its use. In other words, should we
>> embrace such an approach more generally, eg for numeric_cast as well?
>
>Was I involved in the decision to remove the type granularity? I don't
>/think/ I would have supported it. In any case, I would support reinstating
>it now.

I don't believe that you were against the type granularity.

My personal preference, and the received comments so far, suggest that
we should go for the fine-grained approach, both for lexical_cast and
numeric_cast.

Kevlin

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  mailto:kevlin_at_[hidden] mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  http://www.curbralan.com fax: +44 870 052 2289
  Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review