From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-23 16:07:48

At 04:15 PM 10/22/01 -0400, Mike Attili wrote:

>I'm running MSVC 6 sp5. There are a few features that I've added locally
>that I'd like to integrate with this version of the unit test framework.
In
>particular: auto-registration of test cases and suites, and regex
selection
>of tests from the command line. My objective is to be able to use the
Boost
>unit test framework for 'test first design' like JUnit does for Java.

We really need to decide what dependencies we are willing to tolerate in
the unit test library.

If we want fuller functionality which comes at the cost of dependencies,
that may well mean that test tools can't use unit test. Otherwise,
dependency on regex would mean we can't test regex itself, and if regex
fails for a platform, we can't test on that platform at all.

--Beman