From: Kevin S. Van Horn (kevin.vanhorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-22 17:31:39

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

> > 1. Where can I or other reviewers find authoritative references on
> the
> > semantics of the POSIX and Windows synchronization primitives,
> without
> > having to shell out $100+ bucks?
>
> The most authoritative reference for Windows primitives is the MSDN.
> Which is to say, there is none. The POSIX standard can be found on
> the web.

Well... this is what I found on the web:

  "Neither IEEE nor ISO makes standards available for free; please do not ask
   whether the POSIX threads standard is available on the Web. It isn't."

I don't know how they expect people to use a secret standard... (Not many
people want to shell out $120 for a standard.)