From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-23 06:08:23

>I will confess to have not attempted a Boost build with any system, but I
was a bit surprised from the original post
>that started this thread: I wouldn't expect (or want) Boost::Regexp to
produce ANY DLLs at all. I hope that the build
>process can produce static libs in addition/instead of DLLs for all of
Boost.

Yes, but they still all have the same name - so the problem is still there
- you had better link to the right one or else, and you can't install them
in a central "lib" directory. At least with vc6 you will usually get
linker errors if you try to link to an incompatible static lib, but with
other compilers that is not the case (Borland for example).

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/