From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-23 08:43:30

Ed has taken issue with my placing a copyright notice which persists through
compilation.

static const char copyright[] = "// (C) Copyright Paul A Bristow, hetp
Chromatography, 2001";

I am particularly keen to foil attempts to patent or copyright
pi to 40 decimal digits on restrictive terms,
especially by the many companies with lawyers who seem to have little else
to do.

There would seem to be plenty of recent action that are as stupid!!!

My understanding is that claiming copyright makes this much less feasible.

The 'no restrictions on use' 'licence' terms are as suggested:

// Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software
// is granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies.
// This software is provided "as is" with express or implied warranty,
// and with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.

Is this against Boost policy?

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse